May 27

CEOWeb2 Course: Module 1: Web 2.0

So, funnily enough, now I am doing a course on Web 2.0 for work. I decided to do the course for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I knew that people would ask me what it was like, and I wanted to be able to honestly recommend it. Secondly, I figured that if I learnt one new tool that I could implement, that it was worth it. Looks pretty good so far. We have to create a blog (I’m combining it with my current one) so, you will see some mixed posts between this and the other stuff I currently do.  (please don’t be confused!)

So, here’s a link to my previous post on Web 2.0 Technologies and why to use them in the classroom

I’ve also been using igoogle for a while, and here’s a screen capture of how I have it set up:

My IGOOGLE

Already, I’ve found something new. http://newtoolsworkshop.wikispaces.com/ aside from having a very nice funky user interface, categorises alot of learning tools into categories that relate to applications in the classroom.  And already, I’ve found something useful! I’ve been looking for a web-based citation manager for a couple of months now. I use End Note for the past few years for my academic writing, and found that managing multiple computers is quite difficult with this. The wikispaces website mentions a few web-based citation managers.  I’m going to be checking them out. The one that I’ve applied for a trial period of is only $8 for a year, for a single license, so this seems quite fair.

I’m going to check them out and repost when I’ve decided which one to use.

Overall, I’m looking forward to the course.

Posted May 27, 2009 by shortcomp in category Uncategorized